As the economy continues to strengthen, so does the remodeling industry. We’ve all seen an upswing in the number of projects being done and, based on what we’ve seen and heard through the contractor grapevine (you know how those field crews gossip!), here are our Top 5 predictions of what’s going to be hot on the remodeling front next year in 2013:
- Kitchens -Yes, they’re back on the front burner! From simple updates to make the heart of the home more functional to luxurious remodels that offer the best in quality and a true high-end look, the Kitchen Remodel is making a comeback.
- Additions - With the tighter wallets families have spent more time at home over the last few years and guess what? They liked it! So much so that we expect room additions for bonus or larger family rooms will be making a strong showing in 2013.
- Master Bath Upgrades -The cold winter months always remind us just how awesome it would be to have heated floors, towel warmers, hot Jacuzzi tubs and warm colors to create an indoor oasis. The beginning of the new year always brings a jump in the number of bathroom remodels and we don’t expect this new year to be any different.
- Built-in Cabinetry -With all those HUGE new televisions everyone just bought, they’re going to need a new entertainment center to surround it and not just any cheap wall unit will do. It’s nothing but the best for the new “baby” of the family. We predict loads of custom units being built and installed after the holidays.
- Whole House Remodels - There’s nothing like a house full of family and friends for the holidays to remind you that you really don’t have enough space for all those people! Rearranging your floorplan, adding a room, repurposing existing spaces and creating new storage areas are all great ways to make more room.
Do you think we hit the proverbial nail on the head or are we way off base on these? Share your predictions and or remodeling plans for 2013 with us in the comments!